Financial Controller m/f
published on 7/1/22
As soon as possible
5+ years of related professional experience
90 – 100 k$ according to profile and experience
15 PTOs per years / Health insurance: Prior to the set-up of the Company’s Health Insurance Plan, you will receive an allowance equal to 85% of the cost of your health insurance personal plan is granted to you, up to a maximum of $1275 per month for a family contract or $ 425 per month for you only / 401k: company contribution to a maximum of 4% of the employee’s annual salary / 6 holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, veterans’ day, thanksgiving, Christmas / Benefits contribution agreement
PRODEVAL group, the European leader in membrane treatment and the recovery of biogas from the methanisation of organic waste, was founded 30 years ago. It was built around the agricultural world and a strong industry spirit. With a unique expertise and a spirit of conquest, the Group is positioned as a key player to provide concrete, pragmatic and immediate solutions to the major challenges of tomorrow in the field of renewable energy, energy sovereignty and green mobility.
Prodeval operates in 4 interdependent industrial fields: biogas purification, green mobility (BioGNV, BioGNL), CO2 liquefaction, and services to the operator (maintenance, training, etc.) totaling $130m of turnover in 2021 and 310 employees, spread over 4 countries.
We are PRODEVAL CORP, a company working in the treatment and upgrading of Biogas from the Anaerobic Digestion of organic waste.
An independent and human-sized company, we provide our clients with tailored solutions for Biomethane production and distribution.
Leader on the French market we are now coming on the US market with the will to be successful too!
To manage the overall financial, accounting, tax and payroll operations of the company in an organization that supports efficiently operations and ensures that all legal, company and group requirements and deadlines are met. As a small and growing company, we need a Financial Controller who will roll up his/her sleeves and dive into the details. The Financial Controller must also be a strong communicator, as this role is highly visible within the organization and must interact well with colleagues at all levels and in several different countries.
Your main missions will be:
Managing all finance, accounting, tax and payroll operations :
- Monitor daily accounting and finance operations and looks for ways to improve efficiency and eliminate non-value-added activities
- Manage customer credit and cash collection
- Handle bank guarantees with credit institutions
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Optimize payroll taxes and social benefits
- Key contributor during ERP implementation
Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts :
- Lead and monitor the budgeting process
- Provide timely and insightful reporting into variances versus budget
- Keep up the cost controlling system of the company
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare presentations
Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements :
- Monitor the global monthly and yearly close process, fully own the financial statements in the US and certain international subsidiaries, as well as the global consolidation.
- Lead the annual financial audit
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
Profile / Qualifications
BS in Finance/Accounting, CPA or CMA preferred
5+ years of related professional experience
Willingness to dig in and roll up sleeves to develop strategy while executing day to day accounting processes.
Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate issues, propose and implement solutions with consideration for all downstream implications.
Demonstrated strong working knowledge, understanding and experience utilizing US GAAP accounting rules and regulations.
Comfortable posting and reviewing journal entries
Highly responsible, detail oriented, and organized
Great communicator and mentor, team player
Used to working in a fast-paced environment
Advanced Excel skills as well as MS Office (Word, Powerpoint)
Ability to speak or understand French a plus
To be provided as soon as possible
To apply please click on the apply button